We are starting to need some help with the gardens Here is the list: we will be updating it as we go forward. Each garden is managed independently. Project Sweetie Pie helps gardens take root and blossom into a more vibrant and engaged community.
Tilling and Planting MAY start this weekend at the following gardens:
1) 1403 Plymouth–find Nardal Stroud
2) Anwattin School–look for James White
3) 8th and Humboldt
4) 12th and Knox–look for Candis McKelvy
5) 1422 Olive Garden–look for Jack Jackman and Robert Chaney
6) 24th and Emerson Oasis of Love Garden–look for EB Brown
7) 2013 Sheridan–look for Rekoe Howard
8) 26th and Bryant
9) 3001 James–look for Darryl Lindsay with Better Futures
10) 4000 4th Ave South–look for Bill Green
11) 2700 Plymouth (Plymouth and Upton)–look for Rosemary Williams (need to get dirt and needs to get it spread around the garden–a lot of people with bad backs, need about 24 seedlings–open to whatever)
12) Kingfield Neighborhood on Nicollet Ave S–look for Cheryl or Sarah Lynes Robinson, however, work will start sometime next week–check for updates
13) 3648 Fremont Ave N Camden Garden–look for Lisa Dunlap (need to remove rocks, till soil, extra digging, can always use more seedlings)
14) 3653 Emerson Ave N Camden Garden (next door to Sanctuary Church Bldg)–look for LIsa Dunlap (need to put raised beds together with bricks, can always use more seedlings)
15) 2001 Newton N need to dig up the land tomorrow–look for Ramadan Campbell-Bey
16) 1827 Dupont–look for Rev. Michael Pugh
17) 4220 Newton Ave N the garden is on Morgan across the street from Patrick Henry High School–look Louis Alemayehu this garden won’t go in this weekend, but hopefully the next week after the hoop house tarp is purchased.
More information, coming, send us photos, stories and videos!